[CentOS] centos Installation on Multiple machines

Wed Mar 24 13:51:44 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

premrajm at digilink.in wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install customized centos on multiple systems. Can PXE boot do
> that ?
> Apart from this is there any other way of doing image copy of centos OS
> and installing it on several client machines through network. I used
> clonezilla, but after image cloning, i will again have to use the
> clonezilla LIVE CD on client machine to do a image restore.
>
> I want to make a clone of centos OS and store it in a server and keeping
> installing it on multiple machines with same hardware features from
> network. Is this possible ?

If the hardware is similar enough that you can use clonezilla and you have a lot
of machines, set up drbl to pxe-boot into clonezilla with the server mounted to
access the image storage: http://drbl.sourceforge.net/.  There's a yum repo that
works with rhel/centos.  Unlike cobbler, etc., this will also work to clone
other linux versions and windows.  If the image is small enough, you can also
build a self-booting DVD that contains clonezilla plus the imagae - or you can
put them on a bootable USB device.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com