[CentOS] Kickstart 8TB partition limit?

Thu Mar 25 14:35:27 UTC 2010
Jeff Hefner <jeffhefner at gmail.com>

hopefully this helps I have quite a few systems in the same boat.
really large volume formated as xfs for storing backup data. Here is a
simplified snippet from my kickstart files.

part pv.2 --noformat --ondisk=sdb --size=1 --grow
volgroup lg_largevol --pesize=32768 pv.2

%packages

kmod-xfs
xfsprogs
xfsdump

%post

mkdir /mnt/largevol
lvcreate -l 100%FREE -n lv_largevol lg_largevol
/sbin/mkfs.xfs /dev/lg_largevol/lv_largevol
echo "/dev/lg_largevol/lv_largevol /mnt/largevol          xfs
defaults,allocsize=256m        1 2" >> /etc/fstab