[CentOS] centos Installation on Multiple machines

Thu Mar 25 17:21:01 UTC 2010
kalinix <calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com>

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 09:26 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, premrajm at digilink.in wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to install customized centos on multiple systems. Can PXE boot do
> > that ?
> > Apart from this is there any other way of doing image copy of centos OS
> > and installing it on several client machines through network. I used
> > clonezilla, but after image cloning, i will again have to use the
> > clonezilla LIVE CD on client machine to do a image restore.
> >
> > I want to make a clone of centos OS and store it in a server and keeping
> > installing it on multiple machines with same hardware features from
> > network. Is this possible ?
>
> You should look at https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/ and kickstart. This will
> give repeatable automated installs over a variety of hardware.
>
> Regards,

Perhaps FOG [1]? Didn't use it, but it looks like the tool for your
need.

1. http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=FOGUserGuide#Overview

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857

The hearing ear is always found close to the speaking tongue, a custom
whereof the memory of man runneth not howsomever to the contrary, nohow.