[CentOS] VMware server 2 - Strange behaviour

Mon Mar 29 16:01:56 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 3/29/2010 8:39 AM, Georghy wrote:

>>> I've tried vmware server 2.0.2 and the problem still persist :s
>>> vmware is stuck on a loading page and I can't access to my VM :(
>>>

>> Did this bug ever get fixed?
>> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3884
>>
>> If you are in a position to reinstall everything, you might be better off
>> running VMware ESXi on the hardware and Centos + everything else as guests.
>>

> I don't think my problem is kernel related because we have other VMware
> server running centOS and they work great with this kernel version (I
> didn't use yum -y update )

The you read the whole page on that link (or any of it?)  It's not a
kernel issue, it's glibc.  And there are others mentioning that they
still have problems with 2.0.2 with some logs and workarounds.
More, perhaps related, at:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3987
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24710&forum=45

--