[CentOS] Disable specific LUN on a SCSI bus

Wed Mar 31 12:23:10 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 15:58 +0200, Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
> 2010/3/30 nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>:
> > Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> do you know if there is a way at boot time do disable specific LUN's on a
> >> SCSI
> >> bus of a particular controller?
> >
> > What do you need to do this for?
> >
> > How about just echoing the command to /proc/scsi/scsi
> >
> > echo "scsi remove-single-device X X X X" >/proc/scsi/scsi
> >
> > get the values for the various X's from /proc/scsi/scsi e.g.
> > Host: scsi0 Channel: 01 Id: 00 Lun: 00
> >  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD 0 RAID1   69G Rev: 521S
> >  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> >
> > would be 0 1 0 0
> >
> > nate
> >
> This is what I'm doing right now; but I was searching for a way of
> doing it earlier on startup.
> I'm playing with a non partitionable DS4300 FC, and I would like to
> avoid LUN contention.
>
> Lorenzo
---
scsi_dev_flags SCSI black/white list.
scsi_dev_flags=vendor:model:flags
This option lets the user add entries to the SCSI black/white list for
a specific vendor and model of device.

Dug it up from my notes. This goes on the kernel boot line.

John