[CentOS] How to schedule for a repeated task?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 11:44:13 UTC 2010

> 1. DO NOT EVER USE TELNET.
>
> 2. Use ssh keys instead of setting a password in the script.
>
> 3. You don't need to use expect to set the PWD to /tmp. You can do
> this with basic scripting. Pick up a bash scripting guide and read
> through it. I see almost nothing in your example that requires expect.
> This can be done with a simple bash script.
>

> Thank you for your reply. Please be informed that the remote node is a
VxWorks node that currently does not support ssh. Actually I need to telnet
to it and issue some commands and capture the output of the commands in a
file and then wait for a prescribed time interval and then redo from the
start (but I need to append all of the logs in just one file). I want to
automate this procedure. Please help me.