[CentOS] How to schedule for a repeated task?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 3 12:45:28 UTC 2010

hadi motamedi wrote:

>            Do you do a single iota of research on your own or do you
>            expect the members of this list to do *everything* for you?
>

> Sorry for wrong question. I just need to know if you see implementing it
> via 'expect' or 'nc' is feasible or not? I you see it feasible, I will
> extract the details by myself.Please let me know.

The nature of unix tools is that you can make about anything work if you use the
shell to glue in missing functionality with some other tool.  nc by itself would
be better at bulk network transfers while expect would be better at interactive
chatting where you need to parse the output from the other side.  With perl's
Net::Telnet module you'd have a good tool for the chat plus a complete
programing language around it.

But, I'll repeat the advice to use something based on ssh if the other end is a
computer - and if you are moving files around, use rsync over ssh.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com