[CentOS] gcc?

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Mon May 3 14:21:29 UTC 2010

On 05/03/2010 08:48 AM Kwan Lowe wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Massey, Ricky <ricky.massey at lmco.com> wrote:
>> Try kdevelop.
>
> Will second this...  It comes with project templates for anything from
> a simple shell "helloworld" to full blown GUI apps.

Nobody's mentioned glade2-- or as its listed in the gnome menu, "Glade
Interface Designer".  It's a drag-and-drop GUI for creating windowed
apps.  I.e., you select which widgets you want and drop them onto a
window, configure them, and then use whatever editor you want to create
the back-end code.  Glade creates your app's code in variety of
different programming languages, C included.

For an editor I use emacs because I can use it for just about anything
from creating plain text, shell scripts, html docs, and C code.  Emacs
isn't just configurable, it's programmable.  You can write code to add
or change the functionality emacs provides.  It's been around since the
'60s and isn't likely to go away anytime in the next few decades.

Just more options....