[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Installing a CentOS based distro with Raid driver - Citrix XenServer

Georghy fusco at wanagain.net
Wed May 5 14:42:10 UTC 2010

Chan Chung Hang Christopher a écrit :
> xe dd (assuming you have a floppy [is usb supported?] disk with the drivers)

A floppy isn't enough because the  driver is about 2.7Mb so I use a USB
Stick. It should be the same with a Floppy.
>> It seems that the system doesn't find the disk, I take a screenshot of
>> errors :
>>
>> here is the lines shown during the splash screen of XenServer :
>> http://img340.imageshack.us/i/capture12.png/
>> <http://img340.imageshack.us/i/capture12.png/>
>>

> ...I suppose you somehow incorporated the drivers when
> installing...maybe just boot a rescue image and go fix up initrd. Put
> appropriate entries in modprobe.conf and recreate initrd.

I incorporate the driver during the beginning of the installation phase,
using insmod <path-to-the-driver>/megasr.ko
what should I try with modprobe.conf and initrd ?
what is the "rescue image" do you mean a live rescue cd ?

--
Cordialement, / Greetings,
Georghy FUSCO