[CentOS] ldap: adding user to multiple groups

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Thu May 6 18:32:41 UTC 2010

Sorry for that.

Adding via ldap.

I've tried adding groupOfNames to the users ldif file like so;

objectClass: groupOfNames
member: cn=staff,ou=groups,dc=foo,dc=bar
member: cn=pm,ou=groups,dc=foo,dc=bar
Both staff and pm are defined as follows;
# staff, groups, logan.tv
dn: cn=staff,ou=groups,dc=foo,dc=bar
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: staff
gidNumber: 20
# pm, groups, foo.bar
dn: cn=pm,ou=groups,dc=foo,dc=bar
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: pm
gidNumber: 200

But every time I try to ldapmodify, I get;

ldapmodify: Object class violation (65)
	additional info: invalid structural object class chain (inetOrgPerson/
groupOfNames)