[CentOS] was, Resolving dependencies from the command-line, is ProCurve switch

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu May 6 19:43:22 UTC 2010

Joseph wrote:
>>Meanwhile, on the switch (ssh'ing in, but I need to get the serial port
>>working so I can get a newer version of the firmware there (what's there
>>is *ancient*), show console reports flow control as xon/xoff....
>
> If you have ssh access, why are you trying to use a serial console for
> firmware updates? If its old, there is a supported interim path to bring
> it current via tftp using ssh?

Because I was trying to avoid setting up a tftp server. Because it
*should* have been no big deal. As it was, for some reason, it used to get
its IP via dhcp, then it lost it, and I had to set up a dhcpd *server*,
because the main ones don't allow bootp (so why it suddenly couldn't get
it, I have no clue), and *then* I could get in and manually give it an IP,
and *then* I could telnet in (and fire up the ssh access, and turn down
the telnet access), and I'd *really* like to upgrade the firmware, which
one hopes will have something higher than SSL level 1....

Yeah, it's been one of those where it keeps being one problem inside another.

Oh, and yum doesn't see a package kermit, or ckermit, and running kermit
inside minicom, maybe for that reason (dunno if they have kermit emulation
built into minicom) doesn't seem to do anything.

         mark