[CentOS] Aide error "Caught SIGBUS/SEGV"

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri May 7 16:55:04 UTC 2010

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Bowie Bailey wrote:

> <snip>

>>> I will try re-initializing the database.  That's a good idea that hadn't
>>> occurred to me for whatever reason...  :)
>>>

>> No dice.  I tried running 'aide --init' and it died with the exact same
>> error.
>>
>> Maybe I should just try reinstalling it.  Any other ideas?
>>

> mysqldump. Have you looked at the logs for mysql itelf?

What does mysql have to do with it?  I don't have mysql installed on
this machine.

However, the comment about looking at the logs pointed me to a related
issue.  I am seeing this in my logs:

        kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
        kernel: dm-0: rw=0, want=4344463064, limit=126550016

Looks like I may have some corruption on the disk.  When I get a chance,
I'll take it down and run fsck to see if that will help.

--
Bowie