[CentOS] Not firewall, but what?

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Sat May 8 18:28:44 UTC 2010

On 8.5.2010 16.28, JohnS wrote:
> You only see them from your home pc because your on the same address
> block/dom/ip carrier!  Look at your routing and dns.  Sporadic dns
> issues and routing? BTW some addys get blocked from certain countries
> also.  If I were you I would start from scratch and go step by step and
> set it up.

Just for the record: dns has been ruled out as a cause of these errors,
since the error persists even when connecting by ip address.

The subject of the thread still seems appropriate: it *seems* just like
firewall issue (my home, and the local network segments get access,
everybody else not), but it isn't (iptables stop does not help).
Instead, the cause of the malady is most probably some routing tangle in
the xen box itself.

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland