[CentOS] mail server best practices question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon May 10 18:33:59 UTC 2010

Am 10.05.2010 14:02, schrieb Brian McKerr:

> I use Mailscanner with postfix and Mailwatch to manage quarantine etc;
>
> http://mailscanner.info/

I don't intend to start a flamewar, but given Wieste's repeated warnings
on the Postfix mailinglist[1] and expressed on

http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

as

"mailscanner system, works with Postfix and other MTAs. WARNING: This
software uses unsupported methods to manipulate Postfix queue files
directly. This will result in corruption or loss of mail. The
mailscanner authors have sofar refused to discuss a proper access API or
protocol."

I call that combination not being best practice.

Regards

Alexander

[1] http://readlist.com/lists/postfix.org/postfix-users/7/36311.html