[CentOS] update of rpm directory

Chaitanya Yanamadala dr.virus.india at gmail.com
Thu May 13 13:11:48 UTC 2010

On 5/13/10, Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch> wrote:
> Hi! I have an directory full with rpms that are installed on some
> machines.. what is the best way to update those rpms to the latest
> version? are there more optimal approaches then searching for each rpm
> names in an update repo and download one by one?
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian

Try

yum upgrade
 to upgrade all the installed rpms or else try
Yum update rpmname
To upgrade individual rpm

--
Chaitanya

"A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he
stops trying..."

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was
'committed'."