[CentOS] Free and Robust Hotspot Management Software ?

Roberto HT

htdocs.beto at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:49:08 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Could anybody give me some recommended open source software for wifi management?

What I am looking for is a simple and basic tools, for example the software will have these kind of features :
- user connect to the wifi network
- user got IP from DHCP but he can't browse to anywhere at first. Instead he will redirected to a "login page"
- administrator will set the username and password (e.g : user1, password ; user2, password2)
- if needed, the username will be enabled and be given to the user
- if unused, the username will simply be disabled so no authenticated user could connect eventhough they remember the password.
- I don't need the billing system just the administration tools.

I already googled and found chillispot, but it seemed to be an overkill software. Are there anything simpler than chillispot?

Thanks.
Roberto