[CentOS] sendmail many emails

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat May 15 16:47:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 10:45 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I was getting MANY emails from XXX.hinet.net - kind of filled my
> mqueue
> directory.
> I stopped sendmail. removed all the files in mqueue, added to
> sendmail
> access a REJECT for hinet.net
> This certainly seems to help - but is that the correct way to take
> care
> of this sort of thing?

That's the way that I do it.

# Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain		RELAY
localhost			RELAY
142.165.59.200			RELAY
24.72.131.56			RELAY