[CentOS] Update successful. Thanks.

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 16 23:47:02 UTC 2010

On 05/15/2010 05:05 PM, Ned Slider informed us:
> Robert wrote:
>

> <snip>
>

>> Only disappointment so far is that lm_sensors still doesn't grok the AMD
>> K-10 thermal sensors - a situation I grumble about even as I file it in
>> the "beggars can't be choosers" folder.
>>

> That's because your kernel does not have a k10temp driver - it was only
> introduced into the mainline kernel around 2.6.32. There is a backported
> driver in ELRepo:
>
> http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-k10temp
>
> yum install kmod-k10temp
>
> Red Hat did do a huge backport refresh of the /hwmon tree in el5.5, but
> they pulled from around kernel-2.6.26 which was before k10temp made it
> into the mainline kernel.
>
> Hope that helps.

Indeed! Many thanks.
It hasn't helped yet but it will as soon as I get the yum-priorities
straight.  I'm pretty skiddish -- if not downright paranoid -- about
repo mixing and I'm using all due caution before allowing yum to replace
my existing lm_sensors-2.10.7-9.el5.i386 with the pre-requisite
lm_sensors-2.10.8-2.el5.elrepo.i386.rpm.

Thanks again to you and to Yves, who also responded.