[CentOS] Yum segmentation fault when updating to CentOS v5.5

Sorin Srbu

sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon May 17 08:46:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm getting a segmentation fault with yum when I try to update a CentOS v5.4
install to v5.5.

What I've done:

* Ran yum clean all.
* Ran yum update yum*
* Ran yum update, and got the segmentation fault.
* Yum suggested running with option --skip-broken, which I did. Still got the
segmentation fault.
* Rebooted machine and ran yum update again. Segmentation fault...
* Googled some and found some hints on rebuilding the rpm-database, which I
did.
* Ran yum update again. Got segmentation fault again.
* Disabled all 3rd party repos, rpmforge and epel, tried yum update again and
got seg fault.
* Disabled all plugins; priorities, fastestmirror and kmod, tried yum pdate
again and got seg fault yet again.
* Removed /var/cache/yum and ran yum update. Got a seg fault.

Any other tips, tricks or hints I could try? FWIW, this is the only machine
I've had this problem with. All others I've updated to v5.5 so far have worked
w/o a hitch as upgrades go.

Thanks for any help.
--
BW,