[CentOS] centos] Useful NFS hint

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Mon May 17 22:44:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 06:41:40PM -0400, Ross Walker wrote:
> On May 17, 2010, at 5:37 PM, R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org> wrote:

> >> Why would you want to do localhost: NFS mounts anyway?
> >
> > Perhaps for a restricted 'regrafting' RO overmount down in a
> > autobuilder's chroot tree, rather than a 'bind' mount ?  I can
> > see some rare uses for it as a way to solve ACL problems
>
> Since these are RO to local system why not mount them "soft,intr"?
>
> Or you could use automount.

I didn't realize you couldn't do bind mounts read-only.  Interesting.

What about re-mounting the same block device (presumably as ext3) in ro
mode at another mountpoint?

Or if that complained, maybe created an additional block device under
/dev with identical major/minor numbers and mounting *that* RO?

Maybe ext3 wouldn't handle that too well...

Ray