[CentOS] 5.5 install

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Wed May 19 02:08:34 UTC 2010

On 10-05-18 08:51 PM, Thomas Dukes wrote:
> Just installed from scratch 5.5
>
> Weird, eth0 is now eth1 and eth1 is eth0. Don't even know how I'm sending
> this message as the the CentOS machine can't connect to the internet and
> this windoze box uses the Centos box as a gateway.

I've had to swap out the ethX mapping enough times that I wrote down how
to do it here:

http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Changing_the_ethX_to_Ethernet_Device_Mapping_in_Red_Hat/CentOS

Sorry for the long URL. Also, it's a side page to a larger paper, so the
Xen stuff you can ignore. Other than that, it's a step-by-step
walkthrough on swapping the ethX devices around.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com