[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 - VMware Fencing in Cluster

James

jchase at mandaladesigns.com
Wed May 19 20:32:38 UTC 2010

I'm trying to use the newly integrated fence_vmware script within luci.
I add it as a shared device and assume it is setup right (it is added as
a device but it doesn't seem to do any connection test). When I try and
add my shared fencing device as the primary device to a node it says it
is updating the node configuration but then doesn't actually add the
fence in the node's configuration within luci.

If I try and fence the device it predictably fails to fence the device.

I tried using fence_vmware from the command line (which seem to have
some trivial errors which keep it from even running) and it works fine
(after I fixed fence_vmware).

Can anyone offer me advice on setting up the shared fence and applying
it to nodes for VMware Fencing?