[CentOS] apache redirection

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Sat May 22 11:49:17 UTC 2010

On 22 May 2010 00:00, Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org> wrote:

>> Those rewrite suggestions will not accomplish in solving the problem
>> you presented....
>>
>> I wish people would actually read through the replies before
>> suggesting something that has already been shown not to work ^^
>
> James,
>
> Perhaps you didn't notice the part in my message where I indicated that this
> would require separate IP addresses with appropriate certs on each, such as
> domain.tld and www.domain.tld.  My example does not include important things
> that are part of the configuration already to serve an https website with
> mod_rewrite support such as:
>
> SSLEngine On SSLCertificateFile ... SSLCertificateKeyFile ...
> RewriteEngine On
> ... etc
>
> I am surprised to hear that this doesn't work since it works fine for me.
> What part do you feel doesn't work?
>
> Barry

Sorry Barry I wasn't referring to you and was being fairly grumpy...
it was to Jobst and the others - you're post was indeed details in SNI
or certificate requirements.... There were a few who chimed in with
mod_rewrite suggestions but ignored the requirement of the SSL cert
and no invalid cert warning popping up for the users...

James