[CentOS] Creating a user defined service in Cent os

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Mon May 24 15:26:34 UTC 2010

Chaitanya Yanamadala wrote:
> so after creating a file how do i add it to service list.
> coz when  i create a new file in /etc/init.d it is not appearing in the
> services list..
>
> Chaitanya

Hi

Then you use "chkconfig" to manage when the service will start,
something like "chkconfig --add <service>", or simply "chkconfig
<service> on", I'm not sure the best to way to do this.

There is a proper way of making the header for chkconfig, if I remember
right. I think the man page give you this information.

mg.