[CentOS] apache redirection

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon May 24 18:38:40 UTC 2010

On 05/21/2010 02:02 PM, Ski Dawg wrote:
> Thanks to everyone else for the replies on this topic. I scanned
> through all of the logs for the last month, and this has only come up
> twice in that entire time, and I believe they change that I made to
> redirect them to http://www.domainname.com (instead of
> http://domainname.com) would have caught both of those instances.

Not sure what you mean by "caught", but to reiterate: You cannot prevent
popups with a redirect.  The redirect will be sent after the user has
already seen the warning.  You can only prevent the warning by using
different certs on different IPs, or using a cert with additional valid
names and SNI (which isn't available in the vendor's package in RHEL 5).