[CentOS] Installing from USB flash drive

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu May 27 13:03:34 UTC 2010

JohnS wrote:
> For others that are saying it want update the boot config then you may
> have something wrong somewhere because it should plain out update it.

We know that it should update the boot config.  And under most
circumstances, it does.  The problem is that under some conditions,
while the boot config is updated with the new kernel information, the
default= line is changed so that it points at the old kernel rather than
the new one.  So far, we don't fully understand why this happens.  My
theory is that it has something to do with manually creating the config
file.  I have not tested this yet, but I would guess that if you removed
the comments at the top of the grub.conf file and then did a kernel
update, you would see this behavior.

--
Bowie