[CentOS] xulrunner 1.9.0.19-1: Does it exist or what?

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Fri May 28 13:02:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 07:49:05AM -0400, Robert Heller wrote:
> According to 'yum info xulrunner' version 1.9.0.19, release 1.el5_5
> exists and is an available package.  But when I try to update it, yum
> claims there is nothing to do and when I try a general update, yum
> complains that it cannot update firefox because it cannot find xulrunner
> >= 1.9.0.19-1.  What is going on here?

You want you money back? ;)

It's just out of sync public mirrors compared to centos.org main servers.

out of sync public mirrors issue: when updates are pushed and metadata
generated, sometimes the public mirrors are not pulling the complete set of
files.

Since CentOS do not control the public mirrors action,
one needs to wait the next round of sync (usually between 4/6h).

> I am doing this on a desktop x86_64 system that I recently brought up
> to CentOS 5.5, using the DVD ISO I downloaded to my laptop.  I'd like
> to finish this update, but I am having this strange problem.  I am
> getting the same problem on my (i686) laptop.  I'm guessing that the
> updates repos are presently broken?
possible workaround: wget the file/yum localinstall or wait

Tru