[CentOS] Broken repo / mirrors?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri May 28 16:48:52 UTC 2010

> Robert Heller wrote on 05/28/2010 11:58 AM:
> > For now, I am just going to exclude device-mapper and net-snmp-libs
> > until I hear that the metadata has been checked / fixed.
>
> Just did a successful update including:
> device-mapper-1.02.39-1.el5_5.2
> net-snmp-libs-5.3.2.2-9.el5_5.1
>
> I think it's just a matter of the mirrors being slow syncing all the
> recent updates.

Umm...  I just edited my CentOS-Base.repo file to point to
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/..., did a yum clean metadata
and I am *still* getting errors:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/i386/RPMS/device-mapper-1.02.39-1.el5_5.2.i386.rpm:
 [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/i386/RPMS/net-snmp-libs-5.3.2.2-9.el5_5.1.i386.rpm:
 [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download

Isn't mirror.centos.org the master server?  It looks like the metadata
(at least for the i386 repo) on the master server is broken...