[CentOS] CentOS 5 and seamonkey

Robert

kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 28 18:27:33 UTC 2010

Has anyone had any success in rebuilding seamonkey 2.0.4 for CentOS 5
(32-bit)?  I'm currently running seamonkey-2.0-1 which I rebuilt last
November. Sadly, I have no idea where the SRPM originated.
I found  seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm and
seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm, downloaded and got to 0th base:

    [rj at madeleine Downloads]$ rpmbuild --rebuild
    seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm
    Installing seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm
    warning: InstallSourcePackage: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 signature:
    NOKEY, key ID 57bbccba
    warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
    warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
    error: unpacking of archive failed on file
    /home/rj/rpmbuild/SOURCES/find-external-requires;4c000273: cpio: MD5
    sum mismatch
    error: seamonkey-2.0.4-1.fc12.src.rpm cannot be installed

So, have md5sum or cpio been changed?  Mine should be the latest from
CentOS:

      [rj at madeleine Downloads]$ rpm -q coreutils
    coreutils-5.97-23.el5_4.2.i386
    [rj at madeleine Downloads]$ rpm -q cpio
    cpio-2.6-23.el5_4.1.i386

Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

BTW, the reason I'm after 2.0.4 is that a friend tells me that he's
using 2.0.4 under Windows XP and that it does NOT have the problem with
the email address completion that I see and that he also saw until he
upgraded his.

Pointers, clues, URLs and remarks about my sanity are equally welcome at
this point.