[CentOS] Broken repo / mirrors?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri May 28 21:28:52 UTC 2010

This is correct.  'yum clean all' does NOT cure the problem with the two
packages that "don't match the expected download".  And this includes
going after the metadata on the master server (mirror.centos.org).  It
appears that the *i386* (NOT the x86_64) metadata has a problem -- all
the mirror sites are doing is mirroring the problem -- this is NOT a lag
issue at all.  The only work around is to *manually* download the RPMs
(eg with wget) and then doing a yum localinstall of these packages.
This has to be done before it is possible to complete the yum update (or
you can exclude the 'broken' packages, do a yum --skip-broken update and
then download the 'broken' RPMs, do a yum localinstall, and then a yum
update to catch anything else (packages skipped because of the broken
packages.  One might as well just manually download stuff and manually
use 'rpm -hUv --test *.rpm' until it stops complaining.  Yech.  Yum is
*supposed* to get us out of that game...