[CentOS] is it possible to resive /var online?

Sun May 2 19:15:00 UTC 2010
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

Hi all,

Is it possible, safely, to resize /var while a server is running? I urgently
need to resize a full 2GB /var on a running server which is located at a
remote location where no one can get to it for 2 days?

The system runs on lvm.

I already moved /var/logs to it's own LVM partition but it didn't help at
all so I think it's better to rather just resize it. Google searches suggest
taking the server offline, or boot into single mode. But this won't be
possible for another 2 or so days and I urgently need to install more
software on the server.

tia :)

--
Kind Regards