[CentOS] Not firewall, but what?

Thu May 6 18:31:22 UTC 2010
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

I have a strange problem, where some clients see the website on my
server and some do not. It is not about the iptables, and seems to be
not about tcp wrapper. Still it is something within the box.

More details:
- the problem is only with some clients, with no geographical connection
between them; other clients see the website just fine
- the problem-clients get timeout with their browser
- they get timeout also when they try a numerical ip address
- but they see another machine in the same subnet just fine (when they
browse by ip number), so the problem has to be inside this webserver
box, right?
- port 80 (not ssl)

Switching off iptables does not help. The files hosts.allow and
hosts.deny are empty, so I guess it's not the tcp wrapper.

I am out of things to test. Any ideas?

- Jussi Hirvi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland