[CentOS] Can't print a pdf?

Thu May 13 17:28:28 UTC 2010
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

I just had a strange occurrence.  I was printing out some PDFs and I
pulled one down off the web (my wireless bill) and tried to print page
1.  My browser properly fired up AR9, but nothing printed.  I tried
agian, still nothing.  I saved the file, opened it with the Document
Viewer and it can't print the file either.  I tried opening it with
GIMP, and it gets this error:

Opening '/home/mhr/Documents/pdfs/vzwA0418.pdf' failed: Plug-in could
not open image

I couldn't find any related data in the logs (spooler logs are all
empty, nothing in dmesg).  I tried disabling and enabling the printer,
then turning it off and on to no effect (which is not too surprising).

Anyone have a clue where I should look or what to do?

Thanks.

mhr