[CentOS] Firefox slower on GMail since update to CentOS 5.5

Thu May 27 16:14:34 UTC 2010
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

Hello,

since I upgraded from CentOS x86_64 5.4 to 5.5, I noticed that Firefox
has become significantly slower on GMail (or Google Apps Mail).

The page becomes slow to scroll as soon as there are more than a few
mails in a conversation (like in a typical CentOS mailing list
thread).

Did anyone else notice that as well?
(I guess that I'm not the only GMail user around)
Could I have missed something / do something wrong?

More details:
- I did a fresh install from the 5.5 install DVD, keeping only the
home directories
- I'm using the Nvidia driver from elrepo (but I had the pb also with
the default driver)

Cheers,

Mathieu