[CentOS] Upgrading to 2.6.32

Sat May 1 20:37:51 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM,  <maillists0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to upgrade a 5.4 box with the 2.618 kernel to a shiny new 2.6.32
> kernel. Anyone done it? Is it possible? Are there gotcha's to watch out for?
>
> Any advice is appreciated. A link to a decent howto would be awesome.

You did not tell us why you want to run 2.6.32 on CentOS 5.4. I assume
you are aware of backporting and 2.6.18 is not the same as vanilla
kernel 2.6.18.

Having said that, if you really, really need to run/build such a new
kernel, I advice you read through this CentOS forum thread in its
entirety:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=23627&forum=37

(Note: custom kernels are not supported by CentOS)

Akemi