[CentOS] gcc?

Mon May 3 07:31:02 UTC 2010
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 08:14 +0100, hadi motamedi wrote:
> dear all  i have gcc on my centos. I need to make an executable file
> from my c code. Can you please let me know what stuff and company do i
> need on my centos?

If you have basic c source code on your computer, and you have gcc
installed, you can compile it with this command:

gcc nameofsourcefile.c

That will give you an executable file called a.out in the same directory
as the source code.

If the source code requires a library (ncurses, gtk, etc) then you will
need to specify that on the commandline, too.

>  Is there any gui like c++/visual c avalable for
> centos?

Are you trying to ask for a recommendation for a programmers editor?  If
so, the best editor depends on the type of programming that you do.
There are numerous editors available on Centos, and many of them have C
templates.  The simplest are probably gedit and vim, both of which will
automatically colourize C source code if the source file ends with .c.
Fancier editors like Geany, Anjuta and Eclipse are all highly
recommended by various people.  I personally use Geany but again, the
best editor depends on your personal taste and expectations, and the
type of programming that you do.