[CentOS] Mock Shell Arch Command [[OFFLIST]]

Tue May 4 18:02:30 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 13:40 -0400, Ryan Wagoner wrote:

Replying to you off list because this is a topic for the fedora devel list.

> Shouldn't it see the correct architecture inside of mock? I thought
> that was the point of mock so I could build both i386 and x86_64
> versions on the same system.

Try this:

If using mock version older than 0.8.8 or on a system with python 2.4,
and building i386 packages on x86_64, prepend setarch i386 to the mock
command line:
setarch i386 mock -r <configfile> --rebuild package-1.2-3.src.rpm [1]

If I were you I would not depend on using mock.  I have had erronious
things hapen with builds at different times.  I still resort to the old
tried and true Self Hosting Building.  I'm not saying mock is a bad tool
of choice.  It is good at making chroot installs to check packages
though.  Having said that the above does not work try the build on pure
i386 on a self hosting machine.

John

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/MockTricks