[CentOS] NIS question

Wed May 5 08:59:05 UTC 2010
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

ann kok writes:
> Hi
>
> How can we use NIS to control a user in different servers?
>
> eg: serverA /home/userA/javaapplication
>     serverB /export/home/userA/javaapplication
>     serverC /vol/home/javaapplication

 If you use NIS auto.home for home directories in general, e.g. /home/user,
 you can install a local auto.home map on each server so that /home/userA is
 a different physical directory on each server See 18.3.3.1 at
 http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-nfs-client-config-autofs.html.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.