[CentOS] gui automation tool

Wed May 5 15:23:56 UTC 2010
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

> I’m trying to configure continuous integration environment on CentOS. Before
> performing test, need to run GUI tool (written in java) to generate required
> resources. Is there any GUI automation tool so I can make whole integration
> purpose automated? Thanks.

If the Java UI is in Swing you can use Jemmy:
https://jemmy.dev.java.net/
(use version 2, version 3 is far from mature or even working)

Jemmy is very good and reliable to automate Swing UIs: we even use it
in some projects in order to extract business data for which there is
not proper API

If the Java UI is in SWT, you may have look at TPTP:
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/
(I never used it though)

All this is Java specific.