[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Installing a CentOS based distro with Raid driver - Citrix XenServer

Wed May 5 15:29:37 UTC 2010
Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Georghy wrote:
> Chan Chung Hang Christopher a écrit :
>> xe dd (assuming you have a floppy [is usb supported?] disk with the drivers)
>>
> A floppy isn't enough because the  driver is about 2.7Mb so I use a USB
> Stick. It should be the same with a Floppy.
>>> It seems that the system doesn't find the disk, I take a screenshot of
>>> errors :
>>>
>>> here is the lines shown during the splash screen of XenServer :
>>> http://img340.imageshack.us/i/capture12.png/
>>> <http://img340.imageshack.us/i/capture12.png/>
>>>

>> ...I suppose you somehow incorporated the drivers when
>> installing...maybe just boot a rescue image and go fix up initrd. Put
>> appropriate entries in modprobe.conf and recreate initrd.
>>

> I incorporate the driver during the beginning of the installation phase,
> using insmod <path-to-the-driver>/megasr.ko
> what should I try with modprobe.conf and initrd ?
> what is the "rescue image" do you mean a live rescue cd ?

Ah, the rescue mode is probably available with your installation
initrd's anaconda. You need to pass rescue to it though...hopefully it
works unlike the dd...