[CentOS] Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

Fri May 7 14:21:00 UTC 2010
Ryan Manikowski <jeenam at gmail.com>

On 5/7/2010 8:18 AM, testwreq wreq wrote:
> I have a new instllation of tomcat on centos. My $CATALINA_HOME is
> /usr/share/tomcat5 and tomcat is running.
>
> http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/> brings up the tomcat
> page & one of the option is "Administration". I would like to use this
> web interface and even give some of the test webapp users ability to
> restart tomcat.
>
> According to the home page, users are defined in
> |$CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml|. Currently my file has the
> following content
>  more tomcat-users.xml
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <tomcat-users>
>   <role rolename="tomcat"/>
>   <role rolename="role1"/>
>   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
>   <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
>   <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
> </tomcat-users>
> I tried logging to the administration web interface with tomcat/tomcat
> but it did not work. Can anyone guide to configure this file? I am
> very new to tomcat.
>
> Thank you.

Are you new to tomcat? If so it would be in your best interested to read:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html

The apache foundation provides extensive documentation for Tomcat. It is
a wealth of knowledge.

>From the page above:

"The username and password you enter do not matter, as long as they
identify a valid user in the users database who possesses the role
*manager*."

--
	 Ryan Manikowski

]] Devision Media Services LLC [[