[CentOS] Not firewall, but what?

Sat May 8 19:16:16 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 21:28 +0300, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> On 8.5.2010 16.28, JohnS wrote:
> > You only see them from your home pc because your on the same address
> > block/dom/ip carrier!  Look at your routing and dns.  Sporadic dns
> > issues and routing? BTW some addys get blocked from certain countries
> > also.  If I were you I would start from scratch and go step by step and
> > set it up.
>
> Just for the record: dns has been ruled out as a cause of these errors,
> since the error persists even when connecting by ip address.
>
> The subject of the thread still seems appropriate: it *seems* just like
> firewall issue (my home, and the local network segments get access,
> everybody else not), but it isn't (iptables stop does not help).
> Instead, the cause of the malady is most probably some routing tangle in
> the xen box itself.
---
Since you really only have access on the address blocks allocated to
(your name here) then maybe talk to the Up Stream provider from yours
since you have access with in the *greenspot domain allocation. For the
record I cant ping any one of the two IPs from my home or any where
else.

Do you have inbound access to other servers on the same block and
subnet?  Do you have the right sub net mask for the ip block your using?
62.236.221.64 - 62.236.221.79

Out of that block I can only access these if that helps you any.  This
should give you a big clue to what is going on.

62.236.221.70:
https://webmail.greenspot.fi/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail.pl

http://62.236.221.73/

62.236.221.76