[CentOS] your session only lasted less than 10 seconds error

Wed May 12 20:45:36 UTC 2010

Ken wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 13:02,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> John wrote:
>>>>
>>> its missing a lot of vowels, too.  darn hard to read when nearly every
>>> word is misspelled.
>>
>> Yeah, and then there was the lack of response, like what o/s he's
>> running the vbox *in*.... I've given up on him - he's the one who gets
>> snotty, when he comes here and asks us to help when he's not paying us
>> anything, and doesn't give much indication that he's tried anything,
>> like RTFM.
<snipo>
> Third assumption is that a person who does this has only learned the
> absolute minimum of English to survive and refuses to learn anything
> beyond that. (This is an English language list).
>
> Fourth assumption is that the younger generation, which texts and
> twitters, is too impatient to communicate in English (that has vowels)
> and/or to spell correctly and/or to use minimally acceptable grammar.

You forgot the fifth assumption, that they're too lazy to read man pages,
howtos, or even google for the answer to their problem, and just expect to
dump it on us, as though we're tech support from their school, or ISP, or
corporate - that is, *PAID* support, and we'll solve the problem for them
and give them the step-by-step, or, better, hand them a script that will
Fix It All.

<snip>

     mark, who does that for his employer, and his ladyfriend, only