[CentOS] update of rpm directory

Thu May 13 13:23:01 UTC 2010
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

Adrian Sevcenco wrote on 05/13/2010 08:49 AM:
> Hi! I have an directory full with rpms that are installed on some
> machines.. what is the best way to update those rpms to the latest
> version? are there more optimal approaches then searching for each rpm
> names in an update repo and download one by one?

Your question is not very clear.  Do you mean that you have just a local
directory of RPMS or that you maintain a local repo?  If just a
directory then you may want to read:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalRepos
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror

In either case, it you want to see what updates are available from a
particular repo, say "reponame":

yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo reponame check-update

You could then download and put RPMS in your local repo as desired.

Phil