[CentOS] RHEL 6 Beta available for public download

Sat May 15 22:48:57 UTC 2010
Ron Loftin <reloftin at twcny.rr.com>

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 15:36 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at mikefedyk.com> wrote:
>
> > In fact centos already makes i586 kernels for centos5.  I wouldn't be
> > surprised if they did the same for centos6.
>
> Well, CentOS provides i586 kernels for CentOS-4 but not -5.

This is an interesting point.  Is it possible that the CentOS team might
provide a non-PAE kernel alternative, similar to the way they did the
i586 kernel for CentOS 4?  It seems like this would be useful to those
like me who use primarily recycled ( older ) hardware.

What would be the proper way to request such a thing?

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly