[CentOS] Odd failure of smbd to start from init.d - CentOS 5.4

Fri May 21 00:09:30 UTC 2010
Whit Blauvelt <whit at transpect.com>

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 04:40:26PM -0700, Craig White wrote:

> sounds like a hardware issue - have you run memtest86 on this computer?

No, haven't. My experience with hardware issues is that they rarely
introduce 100% repeatable software errors. This one is entirely consistent
in its behavior, and isolated to this one init.d script. So maybe it's the
first time I see one like this?

I'll suggest memtest86 to someone onsite. I'm hundreds of miles away, and we
don't have an OOB card in this box, so can't do that myself.

Whit