[CentOS] OT: Strange Email Problem

Fri May 21 18:26:08 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>> I have an email form that worked fine until now. For some reason, if I
>> send
>> an email to an email address at a domain that I control, I can receive the
>> email TTW no problem. However, if I try and push it to, for example, this
>> gmail account, I never get it. It's not even in the spam filter. What
>> could this be?
>
> Sounds like your MTA isn't getting out to the 'Net. Could a firewall rule
> have been changed somewhere?

Which MTA are you using? sendmail, postfix, ...

If it is sendmail and if you had manually edited sendmail.cf, there is
some good chance that the customization was wiped clean by the latest
sendmail update. I saw this behavior -- there was no .rpmnew or org
file created by sendmail.  Of course, one is not supposed to manually
edit the .cf file. Still, this is not the way sendmail used to update
the conf file.

Akemi