[CentOS] raid resync speed? - laptop drive-

Wed May 26 13:10:06 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

John Doe wrote:
> From: Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>
>> Is that one of those WD drives that falsely
>> reports its physical sector size as 512 bytes?
>
>>From the Scorpio blue specs, if I divide the capacity by the number of sectors, I get 512...

So is there any way to tell the kernel to write 4k at once even after the
partitions are aligned right?   The size of this thing is really attractive for
carrying data offsite and it seemed to "just work" in a windows 2003 server. I
don't know the write speed it gets there, but the backup run to it completes
overnight.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com