[CentOS] Installing from USB flash drive

Wed May 26 20:29:47 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 5/26/2010 3:17 PM, JohnS wrote:

>>> ----
>>> Where did you get the kernel from?  There is a reason why I ask this
>>> because all installed kernels I have installed that were built by CentOS
>>> do the right thing.  As in update the boot sequence for you.
>>>
>>> The exception is The Upstream Real Time Kernel does not do this and is
>>> docoed.
>>>
>>> Now the PAE Kernel I can not speak for because I do not use it.  I only
>>> utilize the pae form for 32 bit under the RT Kernel which pae is built
>>> into for 32bits.
>>
>> I think this fails where you initially install a non-PAE kernel and
>> later add RAM and change to the PAE version.
> ---
> How on Gods Green Earth is a STICK OF RAM going to change the damn BOOT
> Order?
> PFt my RAID 1ed Memory Just changed my boot order of my grid rack.  Let
> me fix it back in the bios.

It's not the stick of RAM - it's the fact the the grub conf editing is
set up to match your initial kernel type and isn't triggered by the
install of the PAE kernel or it's subsequent updates.  Look in
/etc/sysconfig/kernel.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com