[CentOS] Firefox slower on GMail since update to CentOS 5.5

Thu May 27 18:49:35 UTC 2010

> On 5/27/2010 1:39 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Les wrote:
>>> On 5/27/2010 1:00 PM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
<snip>>>>>

>>> A more realistic way to say that is that linux is intentionally
>>> incompatible with a lot of other software.
>>
>> Ah, no, it's not. Brian had it right: nvidia does keep a lot
>> proprietary,  and does *not* pay a lot of attention to writing their
>> own drivers for Linux.
>
> Exactly - and it is linux that intentionally makes it difficult to
> impossible to use such software even if others would like to give it to
> you on their own terms.  Just put the blame in the right place.

Sorry, I don't understand what you wrote. How does Linux make it
"difficult to impossible"? It's an o/s, with POSIX calls, just like all
the other unices. It's not M$, and it's not Apple... so is being neither
making it hard?

        mark